Call for stories – Malawi
Time to Expose Wrong Doing!!
The Centre for Investigative Journalism Malawi (CIJM) seeks stories that disclose corrupt practices undermining the proper functioning of public services in Malawi.
This call for investigative stories is part of CIJM’s initiative for a greater involvement of the media in investigating and reporting public service systems.
Under this call, investigative journalists are required to pitch story ideas.
· CIJM editors will evaluate the story pitches and commission story ideas that have “overwhelming public interest”.
- Story ideas will be selected on the basis of originality i.e. stories that break new ground and expose wrongdoing – such as corruption, malfeasance or misuse of power – in the public and private sectors.
- Story ideas/ topics should relate to the issue of corruption and integrity in Malawi.
- Commissioned stories must be between 600 – 1000 words.
· CIJM will pay $150 per story once it’s published on their website and other platforms.
“This isn’t just journalism for the sake of journalism; we’re looking to change lives in Malawi.”
For more information and details about this initiative, WhatsApp: +265 0999535307 /firstname.lastname@example.org